|Our new greenhouse. We've decided to name it "The Ark".|
We've got an updated wish-list. Let us know if you can help us out with any of these things:
|Here's the mailbox we re-decorated for the Alpine Garden|
* Pine Needles (the long ones from Ponderosa Pines are best) - we'll use them to
keep the paths in the greenhouse from getting too squishy. We can come rake
and bag them.
* Bedding straw - spoiled OK - we can use this for the greenhouse paths too, and
any extra we'll use to mulch the gardens.
* An old mailbox - we need to paint one and set it up at the Monroe garden for
plastic bags and messages (like at Alpine)
Still on our list:
* Bagged leaves - bring to Alpine or Monroe and leave by the gate
* Truckload of potting soil - delivered to greenhouse on Oak St. in Monroe
* Sprouting Potatoes
* Non-Hybrid SeedsCash donations are always appreciated!
Gratitude goes out to:
* Steve Rose - for the beautiful job he did pruning the apple tree at the Alpine Park - the branches are available to anyone who wishes to process the wood.
* Judy Todd - thank you for your generous cash donation
* Betty and Jim Christensen - your cash donation is also a big help!
* Julia Sunkler of "My Pharm" - donated a load of rabbit manure
* George and Claudia gave us all the pellet-bags they saved from running their stove this past winter. They're made of heavy-duty plastic and so can be used over and over again.
|Chris in the door of "The Ark" greenhouse|